In the 5-day course "WASH in Emergencies - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Humanitarian and Transitional Action" you will receive a comprehensive overview of the field of action WASH in humanitarian and transitional action, technical and non-technical intervention options as well as specifics and challenges in the WASH sector. The course will cover the basics of humanitarian assistance in the WASH sector, including related humanitarian principles and WASH standards. Approaches and technologies for water, sanitation and hygiene in humanitarian crisis situations will be presented, and WASH-specific project planning approaches and cooperation structures in humanitarian assistance will be discussed. Experienced speakers from the German WASH network and external experts will give technical input and bring current practical examples into the course.
Important note: This course will be taught in German and is part of aha's certification scheme and can be credited towards a Certificate of Advanced Studies in "Foundations of Humanitarian Action".
You will learn...
- What the WASH basics, humanitarian principles and WASH minimum standard are
- What the main technical and non-technical intervention options in the field of WASH are from a practice-oriented perspective
- What the global coordination structures look like
- Which project examples are available from various humanitarian interventions worldwide
Time and Location:
The training will take place in Bochum, Germany, from 12 to 16 September 2022 (all day). Please note that all sessions will be held in German.
The course will be led by experts from the German WASH network, including...
- Robert Gensch, Senior Project Coordinator at the German Toilet Organization (GTO)
- Thorsten Reckerzügl, Senior Project Coordinator at GTO
- Andrea Bindel, Global Emergency WASH Advisor at arche noVa
- Lorenz Ewers, Global Emergency and Logistic Officer at arche noVa
- Dr. Oliver Hoffmann, consultant for public health at Johanniter Auslandshilfe
Fee information300 EUR including participation fee, fees for all course materials and catering during the course. Travel and accomodation costs are not included and have to be covered by the participants.
How to Register
You can register here.
You will receive an automatic confirmation and an invoice shortly after registering. For questions, remarks or concerns, please consult support[at]aha-trainings.de.