Are you interested in the latest horticultural insights and want to develop your horticulture sector further? This course gives access to world leading Dutch knowledge organisations and private companies from the horticulture sector. It provides an interactive approach to strengthen your capacities and to translate the gained knowledge and skills into value for your organisation and the sector as a whole. The course covers the complete horticulture value chain, including fruit, vegetable and ornamental subsectors, and both greenhouse as well as open field production. Relevant examples from the Dutch sector will be demonstrated. Field visits and excursions are part of the programme.
What will you learn?
Participants of the course will update and strengthen their knowledge, insight and skills on:
- Horticulture production, both protected and open field production;
- Post-harvest, quality and logistics processes;
- Technical, organisational, institutional and socio-economic aspects of horticulture value chains systems;
- Domestic and international market systems;
- International standards for good agricultural practices and quality issues in international trade;
- Relevant international institutional and policy developments, as well as the relevance to your own country;
- General principles of value chain analysis, management and integrated strategies for horticultural development;
- The role of multi-stakeholder processes in developing vibrant markets.
On top of the page you can apply for the course 'Horticulture Sector Development for Emerging Markets'. Depending on your nationality, your organisation and the type of course you wish to join, your eligibility and the application procedures may differ.