Wetlands play an essential role in supporting food security, in making water resources management sustainable and in adapting to climate change impacts. How do we prevent that wetlands continue to disappear in the same rate as in the past and that these valuable ecosystem services are lost? This course is dedicated to water stewards, who can advocate the value of wetlands.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the essence of integrated water resources management and water stewardship;
- Have a better understanding of the interactions between agriculture and wetlands;
- Have improved your skills to facilitate multi-stakeholder processes and be familiar with supportive tools;
- Have improved your communication, negotiation, lobby and advocacy skills;
- Know better how to deal with conflict.
On top of the page you can apply for the course 'Water Stewardship in Action for Water and Food Security'. Depending on your nationality, your organisation and the type of course you wish to join, your eligibility and the application procedures may differ.