Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) recognises the relevance of formal and informal seed systems and aims to balance public and private sector involvement. If you strive to broaden your international experience and strengthen your competencies to support seed sector development taking an integrated perspective, this course is an interesting opportunity.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Be able to support farmer groups in taking an entrepreneurial approach towards seed production and trade;
- Know how to strengthen private and public functions in seed sector development;
- Know how to address through partnerships and innovation institutional bottlenecks in the seed sector
- Understand how international agreements impact on domestic seed policies, seed laws and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the opportunities for putting the ISSD-concept into practice in your own work context
On top of the event page you can apply for the course 'Guiding Seed Sector Transformation'. Depending on your nationality, your organisation and the type of course you wish to join, your eligibility and the application procedures may differ.