REPORTING SKILLS & PROPOSAL WRITING: ISTANBUL, TURKEY: 19 - 23 SEPTEMBER 2022
WRITE PROPOSALS THAT PERSUADE AND REPORTS THAT LEAD TO ACTION
- IN-PERSON TRAINING LED BY NEIL KENDRICK
- ISTANBUL, 19 - 23 SEPTEMBER 2022
- MAXIMUM 12 PARTICIPANTS
This practical course covers three main themes:
- Professional Writing Skills
- Reporting Skills / Report Writing
- Proposal Writing
This course will teach you to create reports that lead to action and support good project decision-making. You will learn a process for reporting that will reduce wasted time and deadline stress and lead to writing that has a more significant impact.
Over five days, you will learn how to:
- Set reporting objectives and select the most appropriate data collection methods
- Analyse data and draw conclusions / identify lessons learned
- Plan your writing around the report’s objectives and your reader’s needs
- Organise your ideas in a logical, persuasive way
- Communicate clearly and in a way that keeps your readers interested and alert
Through the Project Planning and Proposal Writing modules, you will learn how to plan, draft and edit a persuasive proposal that:
- Identifies and describes the problem to be solved – one that aligns with your donor’s area of interest
- Sets out a straight-forward solution
- Convinces donors you can deliver
As a result, your proposals will be well-organised, clear and persuasive - contributing to better relations with donors and increased donor support.
Over five practical days, the course addresses the challenges faced by development professionals in reporting, professional writing and proposal writing in a way that allows for maximum practical work. Areas covered include:
- Principles of Professional Writing
- The Writing Process
- How to Write Clearly
- Professional Writing: Organising Ideas
- Professional Writing: Paragraphs that Persuade
- The Reporting Process
- Setting Evaluation Objectives
- Deconstructing Field Reports
- Deconstructing Evaluations
- Selecting Data Gathering Methods
- Making Sense of Data
- Planning the Report
- Drafting and Editing the Report
- Why Proposals Fail
- What Donors Look for in a Proposal
- Identifying Projects
- Project Planning / Logical Framework Approach
- Planning the Proposal
- Drafting and Editing the Proposal
- Review / Q&A, Certification & Closing
Istanbul is easily accessible from hundreds of destinations worldwide. Typically, for most nationalities, a tourist visa is relatively easy. Unfortunately, visas/visa support is not included, so you must be personally eligible for a Turkish tourist visa. You can check your situation here: https://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa.
There are no COVID restrictions for entry (no vaccination certificate of PCR test required) for travel.
Renseignements sur les fraisUSD 1320.00 Fees cover: Five days of in-person training with ELD Director Mr Neil Kendrick at the Double Tree by Hilton in the Kadikoy district of Istanbul All training materials (hard and soft copy) Refreshments and lunch each day (halal) Certificate Also included, so you can continue to develop your skills: Lifetime access to a library of training videos of all the key sessions (plus several extra sessions) from our online course From Planning to Performance (the regular fee for this course is 320 USD) Two self-study PDF toolkits – Reporting Skills & Professional Writing and Project Planning & Proposal Writing Fees do not cover breakfast, evening meals, visas, travel, accommodation, transportation or other daily expenses. All fees are payable in advance on a first-come basis. We will accept a maximum of 12 participants for this course.
Visit https://www.eldtraining.com/p/istanbul-reporting-proposals-2022. You can sign up directly via the ‘Join Course’ link on the page using credit card.
To pay by bank transfer, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.