Whether working (or willing to work) in natural or human made crisis, protection, child protection, and gender-based violence (GBV) specialists need to possess a unique set of skills and competencies to navigate the complexities and demands of designing, implementing, and evaluating a GBV-focused intervention in humanitarian action. From acting as a full-time dedicated GBV specialist or being able to meaningfully mainstream GBV-focused interventions within other sectors’ priorities, the competences of this profile have proven to be essential for setting up and running response services for survivors, prioritizing women and girls’ needs and voices, as well as to bring a sustainable transformative change for the affected population.
Who is this course for?
This training is addressed at professionals with a protection background and/or with a basic to good understanding of gender-based violence and/or gender programming who:
• Are working or planning to work in humanitarian and development contexts and have a special focus of interest in expanding their knowledge on gender-based violence;
• or Are already working on gender-based violence programming and are interested in deepening their understanding on GBV programming as well as applying their knowledge in different contexts with a group of peers;
• and Demonstrate commitment to complete the 5-day, face-to-face training course and to actively participate in hands-on individual and group projects in a creative and stimulating environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the complexities of designing, implementing, and monitoring a GBV intervention in humanitarian action, as well as its fundamental concepts and frameworks;
• Recognize the criticalities of working on gender-based violence in a coordinated and holistic manner;
• Apply and being familiar with the most recent practices, approaches and technical resources to build an impactful GBV intervention (e.g. case management, women and girls safe spaces)
The training grounds itself in the adult learning approach, based on experiential learning, knowledge and experience sharing, co-creation and reflective analysis, with participants playing an active role throughout. The course consists of five days of face-to-face training that will include cases studies, group exercises, presentations, as well as networking opportunities in and outside the class. The course offers exposure to the most recent resources and innovations in the subject area and seeks to inspire participants to step out of their comfort zones and experiment, all in a safe and stimulating environment.
The training location is by the sea and allows learning in a relaxing setting.
At the end of the training participants that have successfully completed the course will be ensured a digital badge through the international platform HPASS (www.hpass.org).
Información sobre tarifasFull rate 950 €. Early Bird rate 800 €. Early week confirmation 650 € (valid up to the 8th of June 2022). Multiple subscriptions can request further 10% discount on the rate. The fee cover: training, training pack, coffee breaks and HPASS certification. All other costs are not included.
Program details, registration and additional information available at: