This executive short course is a full-time training, which focuses on the particular challenges presented by non-communicable diseases in emergencies, as well as the design of adapted and effective projects to address non-communicable diseases. The course is delivered in partnership with the Centre for Global Chronic Conditions at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of chronicity and identify the main non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
- Identify and assess the burden of NCDs in a specific context.
- Design a programme to address the needs of people with NCDs during a humanitarian emergency.
Around 50 hours of work for the whole course, including:
- Approximately 20 hours of face-to-face teaching (lectures, group work, etc.)
- Approximately 30 hours of self-study time
Structure of the course
- What are non-communicable chronic diseases (NCDs)?
- What is a burden of NCDs in emergencies?
- Assessing the needs and setting priorities
- Models of care for NCDs
- Designing an evidence-based NCD programmes
- Evaluation of NCD programmes
Información sobre tarifasCourse fees are 1,500 CHF. This does not cover travel, accommodation or living costs.
All information on how to enroll can be found at https://humanitarianstudies.ch/application/.