The overall objective of this residential course in Uganda is to provide mid-level and senior managers the knowledge and skills required to conceive a multidisciplinary approach to respond to the complex needs of survivors of sexual violence in conflicts and emergencies. The course is delivered in partnership with the International Committee of the Red Cross, Médecins sans Frontières, Refugee Law Project, UNHCR, and independent human rights experts.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Understand the key concepts and basic issues underpinning all forms of sexual violence in conflict and emergency settings
• Conceive an intervention centred on sexual violence victims/survivors’ rights, needs and wishes
• Design activities contributing to sexual violence prevention and risk mitigation
Structure of the course:
• Core concepts and introduction to a Survivor-Centered Approach
• Ethics and Methods of Data Gathering
• Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys
• Medical Care
• Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
• Access to Justice
• Prevention and Risk Mitigation
Информация об оплатеCHF 1,500 for course fee + 650 CHF to cover accommodation costs. Travel costs are additional.
Please visit our application platform to apply: https://apply.humanitarianstudies.ch/index.php/Home/login
For guidelines on applying please visit: https://humanitarianstudies.ch/application/