Increasing emergencies brings a growing demand for humanitarians with expertise in Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPHA), by delivering this training we aim to increase the pool of experts available to deploy in this sector.
This course is an ideal choice for humanitarian practitioners and those entering the sector that have an interest and commitment to child protection, and want to increase their knowledge of how children can be affected in humanitarian action. The course will broaden participants’ understanding of child protection within the broader humanitarian system, and equip them with CPHA tools and strategies to apply in the field.
This intermediate-level course is ideal for people already involved or likely to be involved in child protection in emergencies programming, as a coordinator, practitioner and/or decision maker. It is expected that participants will already have a sound understanding of general child protection issues and an awareness of the risk factors that increase children's vulnerability in humanitarian action.
Aims and Objectives
The number of people affected by humanitarian crises globally almost doubled over the past decade. Increasing emergencies brings a growing demand for humanitarians with expertise in Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPHA) and, by delivering this training, we aim to increase the pool of experts who will be highly skilled and trained to deploy in this sector.
- Improve their understanding of risk factors that make children vulnerable in emergencies
- Develop knowledge of best practices in prevention, preparedness and response to protecting children in emergencies
- Be able to apply their skills to protect children
- Understand the minimum standards for protecting children in humanitarian settings
- Appreciate the role of coordination in the child protection in emergencies sector
- Gain improved leadership and coordination skills in formal and informal cluster settings
- Principles and Approaches to Child Protection in Emergencies
- Being prepared for an emergency with a Child Protection lens
- Addressing Child Protection needs
- Developing Child Protection strategies
- Mainstreaming Child Protection in emergencies
- The Child Protection Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Action
- Preparedness and Risk Informed Programming
- The Minimum Standards and Preparedness
- Coordinating in Humanitarian Settings
Fee informationFull Rate: $1,250 AUD Early Bird: $950 AUD Inclusions: Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, handbook and all training materials. Accommodation and travel is not included. Further instructions regarding course logistics will be provided upon payment of course fees.
How to Register
To register for this course please click on the link below: