Proposal and report writing serve important functions in humanitarian agencies and are common and necessary tasks for staff in various levels and roles. Nevertheless, writing proposals and reports can be challenging. The ability of NGOs to deliver aid is dependent on their access to funds, and the quality of project proposals determines whether or not funds are ultimately received. Good reports ensure all are kept informed of progress. Reports must analyse information, draw consistent conclusions, and make sensible and practical recommendations, otherwise they risk falling short of their objective.
This course will help participants develop the competencies needed to write compelling proposals and informative reports in the humanitarian context.
Through active and participatory learning, this course aims to equip participants with a solid understanding of proposal and report writing, as well as the ability to apply this understanding in practice.
This course is composed of six live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between live sessions. The live sessions are hosted at 08:30 -13:00 (GMT+1 or BTS British Summer Time) including a 20-minute break; on:
- Monday 22 November 2021
- Wednesday 24 November 2021
- Monday 29 November 2021
- Wednesday 1 December 2021
- Monday 6 December 2021
- Wednesday 8 December 2021
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the components of proposals and reports and explain the logical flow connecting different components;
- Explain the purpose of proposals and reports, and outline what makes them effective;
- Show how to distinguish between the templates, requirements and processes for applying to different donors, appeals and funding streams;
- Shape proposals to fit donor requirements, preferences, and guidelines;
- Demonstrate the use of tools, such as the logical framework, to design proposals with clear logic;
- Produce accurate effective reports that are designed to meet the readers’ needs;
- Demonstrate the use of tools to effectively plan for single-author and collaborative proposal and report writing;
- Write concise clear proposals and reports using appropriate writing styles, formats, structures and graphics.
This course is a combination of live online sessions and individual or small group work in between live sessions. The course consists of:
- 21.1 hrs of online facilitated sessioins - 6 sessions each of about 3.5 hours durations in non-consecutive days (8:30-13:00) on 22 November, 24 November, 29 November and 1 December, 6 December, 8 December)
- 9.5 hours of asynchronous work to be completed between the live sessions.
Renseignements sur les fraisWe offer a 10% Early Bird discount on all ticket types for participants who book more than a month before the course. This discount is applied automatically when booking. • Standard Individual - £300 (for those funding themselves) • Standard Organisation - £503 (for those being funded by an organisation) The training fees cover, resource materials, and badge
Please kindly register here.