This course challenges forestry and nature management professionals to adopt an integrative perspective, to look beyond the forest, and build bridges between the public and the private sector. We focus on institutional development at landscape level including multi-stakeholder platforms and networks, and financial support mechanisms to guide landscape dynamics on the ground.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Critically examine landscape dynamics at various levels and scales;
- Understand the implications of up-scaling participation to working with diverse stakeholder groups at landscape level;
- Be able to identify the institutional change needed to enhance public-private collaboration and multi-stakeholder governance processes at landscape level;
- Be able to assess your own role as manager or practitioner, and develop your competencies as a facilitator of landscape governance processes.
Please find a more detailed overview of the course content below.
Course programme in more detail
Forested landscapes worldwide are increasingly integrated in global processes of trade, market development, resource exploitation and climate change. This is why landscapes are increasingly considered to be appropriate levels to negotiate land use options. Within forested landscapes food production,commodity agriculture, biodiversity, resource extraction and other land uses are competing for space. Negotiation and conflict mediation between stakeholders and their interests are therefore increasingly needed and a new breed of professionals is high in demand.
Renseignements sur les fraisEUR 4,100.00 - This covers the tuition of the course. Since this course is online, there are no costs for accommodation, insurance or travel. Early-bird deadline 28 September 2021 Deadline on October 12th 2021 for Orange Knowledge Programme scholarships and MENA scholarship programme.
For whom is this course?
Participants should be experienced professionals with several years of working experience in the fields of natural resources management, forestry, agriculture, rural development, rural livelihoods, sustainable development or other relevant areas. Proficiency in English is required**.**
The Application Procedure
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship at the beginning of the scholarship cycle.
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators' schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
- You receive all required travel documents from us after you are selected for the scholarship (OKP/MSP-scholarship candidates) or when we’ve received your payment (self-funded participant).
Courses are currently online
Our courses are currently online. Check the course details for more information about the online course format.