Do you want to become a change manager and enhance your capacity to encourage communities, governments and businesses to adapt climate-related hazards? In this course, we focus on climate related disasters such as floods, cyclones, storm surges and drought and the question how vulnerabilities and exposure to natural hazards can be reduced to build resilient communities.
What will you learn?
This course includes:
- A general introduction & conceptual foundation to Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM), and the link between CCA and DRM;
- Ways to examine how to integrate CCA and DRM;
- Learnings on how to ‘frame’ the problem -tools for examining the perspectives of different stakeholders over the priority given for disaster risk and climate change;
- Learnings on how to ‘frame’ possible solutions – e.g. intervention tools;
- Lessons on how to influence policies for CCA and DRM – practicing communicating interventions.
Course programme in more detail
Rapid and unplanned urbanization, the growing number and magnitude of disasters globally, and the uncertainty over climatic variations are factors which increase the exposure and vulnerability of communities, their livelihoods, physical infrastructure and economic networks.
Информация об оплатеEUR 4,100.00 - This covers the tuition of the course. Since this course is online, there are no costs for accommodation, insurance or travel. Early-bird deadline 28 September 2021 Deadline on October 12th 2021 for Orange Knowledge Programme scholarships and MENA scholarship programme.
For whom is this course?
This training programme is designed for managers, policy makers, specialists and researchers who are professionally involved in the management of risks and hazards and climate change. Participants may work in public and civic society sectors, for universities, national research or development programmes, for government organisations or NGOs. You need at least have 3 years professional experience and proficiency in English is required.
The Application Procedure
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship at the beginning of the scholarship cycle.
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators' schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
- You receive all required travel documents from us after you are selected for the scholarship (OKP/MSP-scholarship candidates) or when we’ve received your payment (self-funded participant).
Courses are currently online
Our courses are currently online. Check the course details for more information about the online course format.