The Security Management for Humanitarians (SMH) Online course has been created (2021) to ensure RedR can continue to deliver this vital training in a complex global environment and be able offer the course to international humanitarian organisations based around the world. Our Face-to-Face course was revamped in 2019 to include the latest theories and methods in security thinking and terminology – updated to address the evolving security environment and emerging risks.
This online version will be delivered through a combination of live facilitated sessions, group forums and engaging activities using multiple purpose-built training platforms. The course will culminate in two intense and immersive activities i.e., the online Simulation (module 6) and the Panel Exercise (module 8) that offer great opportunity to reinforce participants learning and training experience.
- by the end of the training participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key security management skills (including risk management, situational analysis, assessment, plan implementation, monitoring and evaluation, continuity and crisis planning and leadership).
• Practice these skills in relation to setting and achieving programme goals when managing humanitarian emergencies.
• Demonstrate that you can work effectively in reviewing and enhancing security management practice and procedures to support programmes and staff in the field.
• Reflect and evaluate on personal performance and the performance of others in relation to security in emergencies and improving practice.
• Communicate effectively to different audiences in the field of humanitarian practice using appropriate media.
What does the course cover?
• Security Environment
• Security Frameworks
• Diversity/ Inclusive Security
• Context Analysis and Mapping
• Risk Analysis and Mitigation
• Risk Thresholds and Security Strategies
• Standard Operating Procedures
• Contingency Planning
• Incident/ Crisis Management
• Reporting and Information Management
• Responding to crisis
• Operational security - managing people, site security, vehicles, communications, remote programming.
Additionally, we will be assisting participants to practice many critical soft skills for example, communication and coordination, research and analytical skills, teamwork and management skills, composure and decision making under duress.
Renseignements sur les fraisFees: £825 per person 20% discount for local NGOs – limited seats. (Please email email@example.com for further details) The training fees cover, resource materials, and certificate.
Please kindly register here.