The Sustainable Finance course is a 6-module online programme designed for managers and other staff who need to use financial skills in their work, but are not trained accountants. They may be working internationally in NGOs, government, UN agencies or private sector.
The course comprises of 6 modules which can be taken individually, or grouped together. Each module starts with the basics, and together they build a thorough working knowledge of financial management in international development organisations.
We use a mixture of interactive approaches. The online guided learning includes audio and video recordings with facilitator input and individual activities. Each module provides you with the practical skills not only to know how the numbers are calculated, but also how to use financial information and systems in decision-making.
You will learn to use the techniques in your own organisation and with partners, and so see better decision-making and programme impact. Each module includes a range of tools and materials to use in your organisation’s activities. When you complete 3 or more modules you will receive the book Building Financial Management Capacity for NGOs and Community Organisations, written by John Cammack.
IMA International facilitators will guide and mentor your learning process, providing you with:
- Practical exercises and reflection activities
- 6 90-minute guided group webinar (recordings made available)
- Presentations and video inputs
- User-friendly platform for accessing all materials, presentations and resources, sharing with your peer group and uploading your regular work to a dedicated portfolio
- Written resources and web links
- Relevant case studies
- Opportunity to apply financial management skills and techniques in your workplace
- Scheduled access to tutors
- Personalised mentoring session as a 3-month follow up (available after completion of all 6 modules).
The provisional webinar dates are the 9th, 16th and 23rd of June and the 7th, 14th and 21st July all at 12pm (BST).
Each module is a mix of;
- Tutor contact,
- Guided self-study and reflection,
- Pre- and post-course learning
- A facilitated, scheduled webinar (up to 90mins).
If you are interested in a single or more modules please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Fee information£1250 This covers all access to the online training materials, guided webinars, post course support and a certificate of completion
How to Register
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information