About this Event
This introductory-level M&E course aims to develop the competencies needed to monitor and evaluate interventions in humanitarian and development contexts. Through active and participatory learning, this course equips participants with a solid understanding of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools, as well as the ability to apply these tools in practice, including during COVID-19.
This course is composed of five live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between live sessions. The live sessions are hosted at 08:30 - 12:30 GMT on:
- Monday 7th June 2021
- Wednesday 9th June 2021
- Thursday 10th June 2021
- Monday 14th June 2021
- Wednesday 16th June 2021
What does the course cover?
- The relationship between monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
- Designing and planning monitoring and evaluation activities
- Bias and ethics in monitoring and evaluation
- Designing relevant and useful indicators for monitoring
- Data collection methods, including in the context of COVID-19
- Data analysis techniques
- Planning and managing project evaluations and reporting
This course is a combination of live online sessions and individual or small group work in between live sessions. The course consists of:
- 17.5 hours of live online sessions, split between five sessions in non-consecutive days (8:30-12:00) on 7th June, 9th June, 10th June, 14th June and 16th June)
- 7.5 hours of individual or small group work, to be completed between the live sessions.
Please find a full course timetable here
Where is it hosted?
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom and the best experience is available by joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the module after registration. The individual and small group work is hosted on our e-learning platform.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at programme officers and any others looking to learn about monitoring and evaluation within the humanitarian and development sector, as well as coordinators and managers looking to refresh their monitoring and evaluation abilities and their M&E system.
Información sobre tarifasWe offer a 10% Early Bird discount on all ticket types for participants who book more than a month before the course. This discount is applied automatically when booking. • Standard Individual - £281 (for those funding themselves) • Standard Organisation - £472 (for those being funded by an organisation) The fee covers training materials which are necessary for the course.
Kindly register to the course through here.