Are you ready for the next time? Understanding and managing frontier risks in a technologically-driven world
Most organisations were caught unprepared in the Covid 19 pandemic. Unfortunately, there are many more risks at the intersection of technology, geopolitics and economics that will emerge with a similar profile of likelihood and impact as the novel coronavirus, creating new vulnerabilities and exacerbating geopolitical challenges for businesses and governments around the world. This course offers the chance to act on one of the core lessons of the pandemic: that all organizations need to invest in the knowledge and skills to anticipate frontier risks of many types, and be prepared to seize the opportunities they bring in a timely manner.
How can we better understand these “frontier risks” and what can we do to prepare organisations - and ourselves - to adapt?
This course will cover four challenging, emerging risks that exist on the frontier of geopolitics and flow from the physical and digital worlds. Participants will have the opportunity to both learn about the drivers and consequences of these, as well as practice critical skills for building organizational resilience and communicate in times of high volatility. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from leading practitioners and academics at the frontier of risk, strategy and emerging technologies.
This course first reviews frontier risk in space, management of environmental resources, artificial intelligence and cyber security. It also provides clues about how to harden institutional resilience as well as communicate so as to mitigate crisis emerging from this frontier risk.
Key skills developed:
- Foresight: Master tools to anticipate frontier geopolitical risk and to act upon them.
- Systems-thinking: Identify the underlying dynamics of the evolution of the international system and understand geopolitical changes
- Strategic analysis: Use the previous knowledge to formulate a vision with purpose and contribute to enhance the resilience of your organisation.
- Collective intelligence: Leverage collective experience to find innovative solutions.
- Communication: Identify the best ways and avoid pitfalls to communicate in an increasing uncertain world
Discovery phase 1
Technical Session – 2 November 12 :00 CET
Module 1 - 9 November 12:00 to 15:00 CET - Introductory webinar and discussions about the state of the current international system (3h) : Nicholas Davis and Jean-Marc Rickli
Connect the Dots phase 2
Module 2 – 11 November 12:00 to 15:00 CET : Frontiers in the physical domain: the Geopolitics of resources: space and the environment
Module 3 – 16 November 12:00 to 15:00 CET : Frontiers in the digital domain: the geopolitics of cybersecurity and artificial intelligence
Achieve Impact phase 3
Module 4 – 18 November 12:00 to 15:00 : What we have learnt. Creating a resilient organisation in light of frontier risks and communicating about it. Way Forward.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is of importance for professionals in risk management, foresight, strategy positions in all sectors (international organisations, private sector, governments, non-governmental organisations) who want to:
- Have the necessary tools and mindset to anticipate future crisis
- Help their institution develop a vision to thrive
- Contribute to the resilience of their institution
- Share insights with peers and join an international community of practice
- Become a reference in your organization who can grasp the complex dynamics of an environment characterized by global uncertainty and rapid change.
With this course, you will develop the right mindset to anticipate future risk and apply the skills that will strengthen the resilience of your organisation.
Fee informationCOSTS: 750 CHF - this price includes all course fees and course certification The GCSP reserves the right to modify the programme dates, location and fee at any time. Apply by 02 October to qualify for a 15% discount. Alumni qualify for a 20% discount. A limited number of partial tuition waivers may be available. Discounts are not cumulative.
How to Register
Please register via http://bit.ly/2PMPLQj your application will be reviewed and the course coordination team will be in touch with you regarding your application as soon as possible.