Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at management staff of international organizations, NGOs working in countries regularly affected by emergencies and chronic crises, wanting to gain more understanding on how to fight malnutrition, so it is ideal for project and program managers, as well as health workers, nutritionists, doctors, and nurses eager to gain a more programmatic understanding of nutrition
The course aims to provide an overview of nutrition interventions implemented in humanitarian settings. It will follow the project cycle steps, so focusing on how to assess malnutrition from a qualitative and quantitative point of view and contextualize underlying causes and challenges, how to design and plan the most suitable intervention and how to monitor it in an effective and efficient manner.
Based on experiantial learning, The course will include the following topics:
• a general review of the different types of malnutrition and their direct and underlying causes
• assessing and measuring malnutrition at population and individual level
• common nutritional interventions (CMAM and IYCF)
• monitoring and evaluation mechanisms of nutrition interventions
Additional issues discussed will include:
• Remaining challenges and humanitarian dilemmas related to nutrition
• Integrated programming: food security and WASH plus nutrition interventions. Nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions
• The Sphere guidelines and other relevant nutrition standards
The course content is based on the Harmonised Training Package of the Global Nutrition Cluster, the Lancet 2013 Nutrition series and Global Health and Nutrition policies agreed at the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
The course will be delivered in Live on-line modality: use interactive methodologies and multimedia tools, work groups, review and discussion of case studies, video and lectures. The participants will be provided with a learning package at the end of the course and pre-lecture readings. The course is organized on five days utilizing ZOOM platform and it will include 2 hours of self study and 20 hours of live sessions facilitated by two senior trainers.
More details about the program are available at: https://www.humcap.org/thematic-courses-for-humanitarians/health-and-nutrition-in-emergencies/
Информация об оплатеFull rate 650 € -Early Bird rate 450 €. Multiple subscriptions can request further 10% discount on the rate. Course fee includes: training and training pack and final certification issued via HPASS platform. (www.hpass.org)
Registration form and more information available at:https://www.humcap.org/thematic-courses-for-humanitarians/health-and-nutrition-in-emergencies/