Among the most common institutional challenges facing relief and development organizations are to document effectively their activities and to develop highly saleable project proposals for donor funding. These challenges have further resulted in limited capacity for resource mobilization in many organizations. Therefore, to bridge this capacity gap, IDEAL Public Health and Development Consultancy (IPHDC) has planned to conduct a training on Effective Proposal and Report Writing Skills in light of the current competitive funding environment.
When is the training?
9th to 13th November 2020
Who should attend this training?
Programme staff of humanitarian and development agencies including project managers, officers and assistants.
What are the key aspects of the training?
- Introduction to resource mobilization principles and practices.
- A snapshot of the current funding environment for non profit organizations.
- Relevance of strong proposals and quality reports in a competitive scenario.
- Basic proposal elements, proposal formats and proposal summary.
- Needs assessment, project design frameworks, problem statement, problem justification, project goals and objectives setting, project output and outcomes, project strategy and approaches and project implementation planning.
- Monitoring and evaluation framework and plan.
- Organizational frameworks.
- Elements of a good budget.
- Importance of quality reporting in a competitive funding environment.
- Determining suitable reporting for different audiences.
- Key elements of technical reporting.
- Monthly progress reports, activity reports, routine reports, field trip reports and meetings reports.
What are the main training objectives?
The following objectives are planned to be achieved by the end of the training:
- To enhance the capacity of trainees to develop highly competitive project proposal for donor funded projects.
- To increase the ability of trainees to generate and compile high quality technical reports.
- To create a forum for practising project proposal development and report writing skills.
What learning approach and language will be used in the training?
The entire training will be facilitated in English.
The training delivery method includes interactive online sessions, PowerPoint presentations, articles, videos, quizzes and assessments.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254 (20) 2345572.