This Executive Master programme is a modular executive training of 60 ECTS credits composed of four terms:
Term One: Critical Analysis of Humanitarian Action**
(Diploma of Advanced Studies: 25 ECTS Credits)
- Module 1: Humanitarianisms
- Module 2: Contexts, Actions and Consequences
- Module 3: Revisiting Vulnerability and Needs
- Module 4: Humanitarian Governance, Norms and Principles
- Module 5: The Humanitarians
Term Two: Quality Management of Humanitarian Projects
(Certificate of Advanced studies: 10 ECTS Credits)
This course addresses the essential components that guarantee the qualitative management of adapted projects and cohesive teams. It integrates fundamental principles such as inclusion, do no harm, accountability or participation into processes, methods and tools of project and people management.
Term Three: Key approaches in humanitarian responses and contexts
(Certificate of Advanced Studies: 10 ECTS Credits)
Duration: one week for each course, between April and June 2022.
The third term offers a series of short elective courses focusing on key approaches and evaluative tools of humanitarian contexts. Students can select five courses to develop specific skills and learn about good practices. The elective courses include:
- Participatory Approaches with Crisis-Affected Communities
- Designing an Advocacy Strategy for Humanitarian Action
- Media and Humanitarian Action
- Non-communicable Diseases in Humanitarian Contexts
- Climate emergency and its impacts on Health
- Negotiation in Humanitarian Crises
- Protection in Humanitarian Action
- Sexual and Reproductive Health in Humanitarian Crises
- Livelihood and Cash Transfer Interventions in Humanitarian Action
- Health Systems Assessment in Humanitarian Crises
Term four: Workshops and dissertation (15 ECTS Credits)
Dissertation to include:
- A series of 14 online workshops organised from September 2021 to January 2022 to help students design their dissertation project (5 ECTS credits).
- MAS dissertation for August 2022(10 ECTS credits).
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
Информация об оплате15,000 CHF for our one year Master. Or 17,000 CHF if you choose to take our modular option over 2-3 years. This covers course fees only. Early bird registration with 10% discount is Dec 15, 2020. Regular deadline is May 31, 2021. A small number of scholarships are also available. Deadline for application is: Feb 01, 2021. For more information on scholarships visit our website.
Please visit our application platform at https://apply.humanitarianstudies.ch/index.php/Home/login.
For guidance on how to apply visit: https://humanitarianstudies.ch/application/.