Our live online course can help you get started with Participatory Video and Most Significant Change. Our skilled trainers will guide you through the PVMSC process for you to learn how to assess when PVMSC is appropriate as well as to design a PVMSC process as part of a wider monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy. The course also includes advice on how to make the most of a process that can simultaneously be an M&E activity, a programmatic intervention and an advocacy exercise.
Next Online Live Session will be for 1h30 hours on the:
3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th and 17th November 2020 from 14.00-15.30 UK time.
Who is it for?
Our online training and coaching services aim to support organisations and individuals who work in the fields of monitoring, evaluation, learning and impact evaluation, in particular people responsible for the design, management and delivery of these processes who:
- Need help incorporating PVMSC into the monitoring or evaluation strategy of a project
- Want feedback or advice on their PVMSC plans
- Require guidance and support on PVMSC whilst in the field
- Want to go deeper into the methods and skills behind the PVMSC process
- Currently use participatory video as a community development tool and wish to further broaden the scope by incorporating PVMSC for monitoring and evaluation
What you will learn
- How and when to use Participatory Video and Most Significant Change;
- The role of the facilitator in the PVMSC process;
- Different case studies will help you uncover key areas of the method and its added value;
- The most common ethical challenges to consider when carrying out PVMSC;
- Guidance on key project management topics, such as equipment purchasing, participant selection, consent, intellectual property and video dissemination;
- In the 5th session you will receive group coaching for your project or ideas, or specific circumstances from our experienced trainers;
- Please note that this course does not incorporate practical experience in facilitation and video skills. Please join our face to face Participatory Video and Most Significant Change course if you are interested in experiencing the method.
As leading practitioners in the field of Participatory Video, the InsightShare team have dedicated themselves to delivering transformational projects with some of the world’s most marginalised communities. InsightShare has directly facilitated hundreds of projects in over sixty countries, working with diverse peoples to address a wide variety of issues. Founded in 1999, InsightShare is committed to improving and shaping the use of Participatory Video in all its forms, and building a grassroots movement of practice to sustain its role as a powerful community engagement tool. InsightShare has trained hundreds of facilitators, founded numerous community video ‘hubs’ and produced free resources on a range of approaches.
Fee informationCourse Price £500 £500 includes 5 live online sessions: 4 x 1h30 sessions on PV MSC with self-study assignments in between sessions and 1 session of group coaching. Special Offers Book with a friend or colleague and receive a 15% discount off both bookings. Online course + 2 coaching sessions : £700 Book your online course as part of a package with 2 additional personalised one-on-one 1h30 coaching sessions to suit your needs; eg. help you as you start your project or give you live support as you implement the work in the field!
How to Register
Book your place
To reserve your place please fill in this reservation form. Please note that places are not confirmed until full payment has been received. Places are served on a first come first served basis.
For More Information
For more information about the course or our work:
Telephone: +44 (0)1865 403127
Visit our Website