This course will build your understanding of what safeguarding is in the humanitarian and development sector. It will look at a diverse range of safeguarding issues affecting the vulnerable groups we serve and focus on the 'non-negotiables for conduct' in safeguarding.
On completion of this course you will:
- Know the non-negotiables of conduct
- Recognise safeguarding concerns
- Understand the importance of safeguarding for the humanitarian and development sectors
- Know what to do if you observe or hear testimony or rumour about another individual causing harm, exploitation or abuse.
- Act and report safeguarding concerns
The course is divided into 6 modules of roughly equal length, each requiring 10-15 minutes study. The modules are:
What is safeguarding?
Safeguarding communities at risk
How do safeguarding issues arise?
Mythbusting – true or false?
How you can help?
Be ready to report