The spike in regional and local conflicts around the globe has boosted the need for peace and development leaders skilled in building positive social change. The fully funded Rotary Peace Fellowship, which covers tuition and living expenses, increases the capacity of existing leaders to prevent and resolve conflict through academic training, field experience, and professional networking.
Up to 100 fellows are selected every year in a globally competitive process based on personal, academic, and professional achievements. Fellows earn either a master’s degree or a professional development certificate in peace and conflict studies at one of the Rotary Peace Centers, located within seven leading universities around the world. More than 1200 program alumni are working in over 100 countries as leaders in national governments, NGOs, social enterprises, the military, law enforcement, and international organizations such as the United Nations.
▪ 15-24 month program at one of our 5 Rotary Peace Centers at leading partner universities
▪ 50 fellows selected annually to earn a master’s degree in fields related to peace and development. Each university offers interdisciplinary curricula with research-informed teaching
▪ 2-3 month self-designed applied field experience to develop practical skills
▪ Fellows connect with an international cohort of peace fellows, thought leaders, and a global network of Rotarians
Professional Development Certificate
▪ 3 month professional development program at our Rotary Peace Center in Bangkok, Thailand
▪ Intended for social change leaders with extensive experience working in peace-related fields
▪ 50 fellows selected annually to earn a professional certificate in peace and conflict studies
▪ Diverse interdisciplinary program includes 8-weeks intensive classroom study with guest lecturers and up to 3weeks of field studies
Eligibility: Take the eligibility quiz.
Qualified candidates have:
▪ For the master’s program, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus 3 years of related work experience, and proficiency in a second language (strongly recommended)
▪ For the certificate program, a strong academic background, plus 5 years of related work experience ▪ Proficiency in English
▪ Excellent leadership skills
The 2020-21 academic term deadline is 31 May 2019. Begin by watching our Application Checklist Video and review the application process online.
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions.
How to Register
Apply online at