As the RPS Partnership team, we are pleased to announce our latest 10-day Training of Trainers (ToT) programmes, designed for your national staff to run training courses in their home countries in their own languages.
Now you have this fantastic opportunity to get your staff trained to train.
What we offer
We have two levels of training programmes:
- Level 1 - Introduction to Training of Trainers – 10 days
- Level 2 - Advanced Training of Trainers – an additional 10 days, with mentoring during their own training afterwards to consolidate the training.
These progressive training programmes help trainers to apply the theory of learning how to design programmes, how to give confident presentations, and carry out demonstrations and run exercises.
Our trainees build their confidence as they work with our experienced trainers. Your staff and our trainees then practice these skills in a safe environment.
What is Training of Trainers (ToT)?
- By investing in ToT, you can build capacity and create an enduring impact for your staff and your projects
- Our ToT programme provides stimulating and relevant training for existing or new trainers
- We empower your staff to be able to train in their own language, thus building capacity for national projects
- This progressive programme provides an excellent basis for those who are new to training on level 1
- We build confidence to ensure your staff are equipped with the right skills to deliver any type of training in any environment; from a well equipped high-tech classroom to a refugee camp or a remote classroom where there is no access to electricity.
- We develop the underpinning knowledge of experienced trainers and coach and mentor them to excel as teaching staff, on level 2
Instructors / Teachers
We have 4 qualified teachers who lead this course. They all have experience delivering training all over the world to different audiences sometimes in challenging environments - heat, cold, dust and power cuts all add into the mix when trying to deliver effective training! We are also experienced at running training through interpreters and can show you different techniques to improve your style. Our trainers are experienced at running these courses through interpreters.
- Roles and responsibilities of Trainers
- Learning Styles and Preferences
- Planning skills
- Practical Teaching skills - using basic and advanced techniques
- Training styles and communication
- Feedback and Evaluation
- Reflection and evaluation of delivery
- Emotional Intelligence and its impact in the classroom
- Designing successful training programmes - selecting appropriate subjects, activities, materials and resources, appropriate to your teaching and learning environment
- Wider teaching responsibilities, including the logistics of running a course
- Working with other trainers
- Controlling nerves and fear
- Time management in the classroom
When and Where?
- Worldwide – we can run these courses either at your location or in your country
- Recently we have run these courses for staff in Tunisia, Pakistan, Libya, Brazil, Iraq, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Egypt and Indonesia
Why RPS Partnership?
- Our trainers are all qualified as teachers and trainers – the Lead trainer holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Education or Certificate in Education or equivalent
- Are knowledgeable and experienced in the key tenants of Training of Trainers in complex and challenging environments
- They have delivered training around the world
- They can adapt training packages to your requirements
- We can provide mixed gender training teams or gender specific training
- We deliver programmes and courses that suit you and your organisation.
What will you get from this course?
- A certificate of attendance and successful completion
- A Level 3 Award in Training & Education* - the first rung on the ladder for any trainer if English is at level 2/GCSE equivalent or above and the course can be taught in English and not through interpreters
- Excellent techniques and the confidence to go out and train your staff*
- This replaces the old PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) course
- Excellent techniques and the confidence to go out and train your staff