This inter-agency course focuses on examining and promoting community-based M&E mechanisms and gender-balanced citizen participation to “Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels” (SDG 16.7). Experts from the UN and the academia will discuss the theoretical framework and innovative examples from different countries on how participatory practices help build more resilient institutions and how they contribute to a more effective service delivery at the local level.
The course will enhance participant skills in:
- Analysing and Promoting local government engagement in different models of Community Based Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Learning from and sharing experiences and mechanisms of citizen engagement and community participation from different countries;
- Identifying suitable mechanisms for improving gender balance in citizen engagement, and tools for gender responsive participation;
- Developing an action plan for the application of learning.
The course will employs an adult learning approach characterized by a participatory and interactive training style, which engages participants in practical exercises and group work. Case studies and best practices will allow the practical application of analytical frameworks to real-life situations.
- Community Based Monitoring and Evaluation , Citizen Participation and Gender Responsive Participation : role and challenges;
- Case studies of International good practice in Citizen Participation
- Case study on Participatory Budgeting
- Community Based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Case studies of International good practice in Community Based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Gender Responsive Participation (GRP): mechanisms and practices
- Case Studies of International Good Practice in Gender Responsive Participation
- Developing action plans
UN staff and national government counterparts and technical staff from ministries, interested donors and civil society organisations working on related thematic issues.
Fee informationThe course fee is 2,000 USD
How to Register
Register through the 'Sign Up' button on the course page: http://bit.ly/2LyycQU