When disaster strikes, people need food, shelter, water and safety. They also need to be able to communicate with each other and with those trying to help them.
Built specifically for humanitarian staff working with disaster-affected communities,this free online course will help you build your communication skills and strengthen your understanding of how to use them to engage effectively with crisis-affected communities. The course is a result of a partnership between the CDAC Network and the Humanitarian Leadership Academy.
- Target Audience: Humanitarian responders
- Duration: circa 3 hours
- Cost: free
- Format: interactive online course with scenario-based exercises
- Personalised certificate at the end of the course
- Language: English
At the end of the course, you will know:
- how communication can be used to support disaster-affected people and programme objectives
- how to assess the information needs of the community and decide through which channel(s) of communication to reach them
- how to create and adapt information and messages to maximise impact
- how to develop a communications strategy
- how to manage and respond to feedback from the community.