As at 6pm, Saturday 1 March 2014 – Update 4
National Command EOC continues to monitor situation and coordinate field assessment teams on the ground. FRCS Branch Emergency Responders have been mobilized and deployed to areas that were affected (see Annex One)
CURRENT BRANCH OPERATIONS
0900 SUVA: Two Emergency Response Teams deployed to Wailea (Raiwaqa side), Qauia, Matata, Jokhan Primary School (Navua), LDS Church(Navua), Vishnu Deo Primary
EOC UPDATE AND ACTIONS TAKEN
- FRCS DivEOC West continues to liaise with FRCS Rakiraki Branch on areas assessed and coordinate where necessary. Other West Branches have deactivated respective EOC’s.
- FRCS DivEOC North has now been deactivated. However asked to monitor weather situation if necessary
- ERT deployed for assessment in Navua.
- Distribution of non food items such as tarpaulins, cooking sets, blankets, black clothing pack, baby kits have begun in Qauia and Wailea (Raiwaqa) Settlement – Distribution list in Annex One
- Hygiene Kits
- Cooking Set
OPERATIONS FOR NEXT 24 HOURS
- DivEOC West will not resume operations for this event (TD15F) unless required
- National EOC will continue to deploy two Emergency Response Teams for distribution in Navua (this includes areas left to be assessed in Qauia
- Distribution of Hygiene, WASH Kits
- Extend area of coverage where necessary.
- Continue liaising with relevant agencies and the IFRC