This report, for the period 1 December 2011 – 29 February 2012, is the third quarterly report in the 2011/2012 fiscal and policy year for CCRIF. It is designed to provide an update on progress during this quarter towards achievement of CCRIF’s Strategic Objectives (see Figure 1) as defined in the CCRIF Strategic Plan 2009/2010 – 2011/2012. In providing this progress update, this quarterly report also illustrates how the Facility upholds its customer values.
The report presents:
Progress during the quarter towards the achievement of each of CCRIF’s six strategic objectives as defined in the CCRIF Strategic Plan 2009/2010 – 2011/2012.
Key topics covered under the strategic objectives include the following:
- Strategic Objective 1: Tropical Cyclone and Earthquake Review – a description of the reportable Hurricane and Earthquake events that affected CCRIF member countries during the quarter (this includes an indication of whether a country’s policy was triggered and, if so, identifies the level of payout made)
- Strategic Objective 2: Partnerships between CCRIF and Caribbean institutions as well as the Facility’s communications activities
- Strategic Objective 3: The Real-Time Forecasting System (RTFS), CCRIF’s Technical Assistance Programme, and participation in, and sponsorship of, conferences pertaining to disaster risk management
- Strategic Objective 4: Policy renewals and membership
- Strategic Objective 5: Funding opportunities and investment strategies
- Strategic Objective 6: Strategic and operational planning and activities being undertaken by the Board of Directors