• The IRG vs DFA exchange rate variation currently stands at a 374 YER difference.
• The exchange rate in both IRG & DFA areas continuing to appreciate from week to another.
• The range between the maximum and minimum value of the exchange rate from Apr W2 to W3 shrank in the South from 222 to 180 YER, indicating a slight stability across exchange shops in IRG areas, and the exchange rate in the North shrank as well from 20 to 7 YER indicating stability across exchange shops in the areas of interests.
• During Ramadan, there have increased economic activities and increased remittances which is leading to some of the exchange volatility in addition to the recent political events.
• Taizz has the highest exchange rate, while Marib has the lowest exchange rate among all the IRG areas.