• The Survival Minimum Expenditure Basket (SMEB) are only covering
the food and wash sectors. and it’s value increased in both IRG and
DFA areas due to the Petrol and Diesel prices volatility with taking into
consideration the exchange rate stability in the DFA areas.
• Another main factor contributing to the SMEB value is the Exchange Rate in the IRG areas.
• WASH items in the DFA areas is the least affected by the Petrol & Diesel.
• In Jan-22, the Food and WASH value had a bit recovery in the prices, and yet, in Feb-22, the prices started to increase drastically as well as the Petrol & Diesel in the IRG areas of interests.
• The price of Diesel in Mar-22 reached double the price of Petrol in the IRG areas.