HIGHLIGHTS / KEY PRIORITIES
- New localized floods have been experienced in Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Lesotho and Madagascar;
- Strong downpours flooded northwestern Madagascar, while heavy rains in the drought affected south may have damaged crops; and
- Discharge from the Cahora Bassa will increase on 4 February from 4200 to 6400m3/s, which could lead to flooding downstream.
- River levels at Katima Mulilo in Namibia's Caprivi Strip are more than twice the level for this year.
- A map of the impacts is included.