12.4 million people food insecure
1.3 million severely food insecure
6.8 million people internally displaced
• WFP dispatched humanitarian assistance sufficient for an estimated 5.6 million people across all activities in Syria in December.
• Food prices have reached a new record high for the fourth consecutive month in December. Food prices are now 97 percent higher compared to the same time last year.
• Close to half of surveyed Syrian households reported poor or borderline food consumption in December 2021. This was the third highest level recorded in 2021.
• On 10 December, the second cross-line WFP convoy successfully transported into Idlib governorate dry food rations sufficient for 43,500 food insecure people for one month. WFP also directly distributed food and nutrition items mainly composed of commodities previously delivered through cross-line modality.
• In north-western Syria, heavy rains have resulted in partial or total destruction of more than 4,900 tents in 210 internally displaced people (IDP) sites, affecting 57,750 individuals since the beginning of December, according to the Camp Coordination and Camp Management Cluster (CCCM).