• The National Emergency Operations Centre was activated on Friday 14th January 2022 following a tsunami marine warning issued and Tonga Geological Services reports of increased volcanic activity.
• HTHH volcano erupted at approx 5.20pin on Sat 15 Jan 2022 followed by a tsunami warning issued which triggered a mass evacuation.
• There is no internet connection nor communication with Vava'u, Ha'apai and Ongo Nivas. Power is intermittent.
• 'Etta's Emergency Operations Centre reports extensive damage to buildings, the wharf, local cemetery and coastal areas, potentially more than TC Harold's impact
• 'Eua urgently needs water and will ration current drinking supplies with the hospital as a priority for distribution.
• 'Eua has identified priority items as petrol, water, Hygiene kits, Tarpaulin and an excavator for coastal areas.
• HMAF's Ngahate Kaula departed Tongatapu on 16th January 2022 for Ha'apai to re-establish communication and engagement.
• NEMO prepared stocks (tarpaulins, hygiene kits and water) for Ha'apai, as immediate relief items prior to assessment.