• Tonga Geological Services issued a public notice at 0720AM of the HTHEI volcanic activity monitored from 0420 to 0620AM on Fri 14th Jan 2022.
• The National Emergency Management Committee met at 0100PM on Friday 14th Jan 2022. The National Emergency Coordination Centre was activated, District Emergency Operation Centres in the outer islands are on standby.
• Ha'apai's Fonoi and Mango Islands report volcanic ash compromising water supplies and fluctuating sea levels.
• NEMO and HMAF implemented the Government of Tonga's immediate response to provide clean drinking water the Fonoi and Mango island residents.
• The Voea Ngahau Siliva departed Tongatapu at 08001:x8 on Sat 15th Jan 2022 with 3450 litres of clean water for 10 days for up to 115 residents over 28 households for drinking and food.
• Fonoi island received 264 water containers (8L each) for 88 residents.
• Mango island received the remaining 171 water containers, to be confirmed by distributing crew.