Reflected below are the themes that emerged from the nine (9) interviews of Turkish Factory owners based in Şanlıurfa Industrial Zone and representing different sectors, conducted by the Concern Livelihoods Team in May 2019. The interviewers used face-to-face interview method with previously prepared questions to ensure consistent coverage of key topics with every key informant. In addition to questions about general economic situation and reflection on the labour market, below listed questions were asked:
- What is the sector of the factory?
- Total number of the employees?
- Total number of the Syrian employees?
- What are the challenges they are facing, if they are experienced employing Syrian employees?
- Gender of the employees?
- Are they aware of incentive programmes provided by Turkish authorities or other organizations?
- Are they employ any employees under İŞKUR’s incentive programme?
- If Concern provide short-term employment support, would they prefer it for 3 months full financial support or 6 months half support?
- In which sectors/field they want to employ people.
- Would you be able to continue employing people after 3 months or 6 months short-term employment, if so for how long?
- How many people in total they can employ in coming 1 year?
Sectors involved in interviews were:
- Textile (garment industry)
- Call Centre-customer representative services
- Food (bread production)
- Chemical (plastic factory)