This week the Manchester Briefing (Issue 32) www.ambs.ac.uk/covidrecovery presents a high-level report of the ‘light touch’ Impact Assessment conducted by Essex Resilience Forum and Recovery Coordination Group following the first wave of COVID-19. Lessons include the need to revisit/update impact assessments to identify new impacts from subsequent waves.
We share lessons from:
- Republic of Ireland – measures to protect Roma, Gypsy, Traveller and Boater communities
- Australia – supporting people who may be anxious as lockdown ends
- Pakistan & South Africa – the re-generation and renewal of local businesses
- USA & Canada – addressing healthcare backlogs
- Guatemala & UNDP – mitigating negative recovery impacts on the environment
- India – positive news stories to relieve the mental fatigue of COVID-19
- UK – the potential of the 2021 Census for long-term local recovery
- Australia – activities and partnerships for recovery planning
- New Zealand – risk ALARP as we live with COVID
Our case study discusses The Integrated Review and the positive vision it holds for UK local resilience capabilities.