GLIDE no. TC-2008-000147
Period covered by this Final Report: 5
September 2008 to 5 November 2009.
Appeal target: The budget sought CHF 8,475,870 (USD 7,895,768 or EUR 5,539,350) in cash, kind or services to support the Haitian Red Cross Society to assist 10,000 families (50,000 beneficiaries)
Final Appeal coverage: 100%;
- CHF 300,000 (USD 272,727 or EUR 186,335) was allocated from the Federation?s Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to support this operation on 27 August 2008.
- A Preliminary Emergency Appeal of CHF 3,812,770 (USD 3,466,154 o EUR 2,360,848) was launched on 5 September to support the Haitian Red Cross Society to assist 10,000 families (50,000 beneficiaries) for 6 months.
- The Preliminary Appeal was revised on 25 September to CHF 8,360,877 (USD 7,600,810 or EUR 5,177,020) and extended to a 9-month period.
- The Revised Emergency Appeal issued on 6 November 2008 features a Revised Budget for CHF 9,817,443 (USD 9,006,829 or EUR 6,293,233 to assist 10,000 families for 9 months.
- Delays of several weeks in the delivery of construction materials for the shelter programme had delayed the expected progress. As a result, the operations update published on 14 August reflects the extension of the appeal until 5 November 2009 (14 months). The budget was revised to CHF 8,475,870 (USD 7,895,768 or EUR 5,539,350) in line with Appeal funding including two additional pledges.