- Malawi declared a state of national disaster on 12 January, 2021.
- Assistance for oxygen supply to support case management being provided.
- Two Cabinet ministers died during the reporting week due to COVID-19.
- Public gatherings have been restricted to no more than 50 people.
- Schools closed for 3 weeks, with boarding students asked to remain on campus.
- 54,484 households are being supported with Lean Season Response cash distributions.
- 1,250,000 people reached with COVID-19 messages through local channels.
- Distributions of take-home school meal rations to be completed by this week.