To limit the spread of COVID-19 and reduce its impact on vulnerable communities.
1) HEALTH SECTOR – Enhancing the effectiveness of the government’s health infrastructure for COVID19 prevention & containment.
2) Behavioural Change Communication – Preparing communities at-risk to combat COVID19 through awareness campaigns on prevention.
3) WASH SECTOR – Provision of health & hygiene items enabling people to take preventive actions against COVID19.
4) FSL SECTOR – Ensuring access to basic food supplies to meet the nutritional needs of the vulnerable population at risk.
In the next 6 months, Muslim Aid aims to reach to 3,781,694 people in Pakistan.
Muslim Aid’s Coronavirus Emergency Appeal is fundraising for vulnerable people worldwide.
COVID19 Response Activity Updates
Muslim Aid Campaign for Pakistan is #REACH that is Reconnect, Empower and Adapt against COVID19 Hazard
20 Bed Hospital handed over to District Government of Abbottabad to take up as quarantine centre
02 Ambulances have been provided to NDMA and PPHI for deployment in Balochistan and Sindh
Distribution of medical supplies including surgical aprons, and disinfectant at 55 health facilities
350 Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) kits distributed among health workers and more would be provided in 95 facilities to benefit 840,000 persons
1,900 Lady Health Workers would be trained to orient 114,000 females in their respective communities
950 healthcare providers and sanitary workers will be trained on Infection Prevention Control
34 Psycho-Social Counsellors would be deployed to support 59,840 persons with psychological issues Behavioral Change Communication
+1 million people received health and hygiene advisory including COVID19 prevention and control information through media campaigns
In the next three months, a minimum 648,000 persons will be reached through TV, Radio and print
10 hand-washing stations installed at health facilities and public places benefiting on average 100 individuals daily
170 more would be installed with soaps benefitting to 714,000 individuals in six months
5,500 health & hygiene sessions to be conducted benefitting to 1,140,000 individuals
1,000 Hygiene kits including soaps, gloves and masks provided to households & health facilities
18,050 hygiene kits to be provided in communities and health facilities benefitting 108,300 individuals
- 140 food packs distributed among daily wage workers; 15,620 food packs would be distributed; fulfilling the nutritional needs of 93,720 persons
- National Disaster Management Authority
- Provincial Disaster Management Authority Balochistan
- United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
- United Nations International Children’s Education Fund (UNICEF)
- Pakistan Humanitarian Forum
- Médecins Du Monde
- Helpage International
- Care International
- HANDS Pakistan
- Humanity & Inclusion
- Voluntary Service Overseas
- Water Aid Pakistan