50,000 people food insecure
250,000 people highly vulnerable to food insecurity
USD 7 m six months funding needs
32,000 people assisted
• The World Food Program was awarded by the Ministry of Government and Territorial Development with the “Medal of Civil Protection” as a recognition for selfless service in disaster situations.
• As per the Government request and through the Ministry of Education, WFP prepared a triannual proposal to strengthen the school feeding programme, enhancing monitoring and evaluation. A letter of understanding will be signed.
• WFP participated in the exhibition “Feast of the senses Salvadoran gastronomy” organized by the Ministry of Culture. The government recognize WFP as an important partner for the rescue of local cuisine and to foster cultural identity through the Gastromotiva project.
• Nine macro tunnels were installed to protect and increase the quality yield of vegetable crop production to enhance the food security of the families in Cabañas Department, located in the dry corridor. This will increase the income of assisted families by selling the surplus of their production.
• The Global Coordinator of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) visited El Salvador within the framework of the Central American Integration System (SICA) and met with UN agencies, Ministry of Health and private sector. A roadmap was designed for the joint and coordinated work of the UN agencies and the Ministry of Health.