- 95,218 people assisted in January 2020
- 121.534 mt of food assistance distributed
- US$ 11,533 cash-based transfers made
• In January, to ensure further sustainability of Tajikistan School Feeding Programme and its gradual handover to government, the members of the Inter-Sectoral Coordination Council on School Feeding travelled to Sughd Region and met representatives of local authorities to discuss issues related to the establishment of working groups on school feeding in this region. The main reason of establishing inter-sectoral working groups is to ensure the implementation of the School Feeding Strategy 2017-2027 at district and regional level, mainstream the school feeding into district development programmes, support and initiate the network of local producers, producers of food in the country to promote Home-Grown School Feeding. These working groups have already been established in Khatlon Region, Roghun Town, Rasht District and GornoBadakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO).
• In January, WFP received 27 innovative microgrants project proposals on School Feeding form various districts and towns of Sughd Region.
The purpose of the microgrants is to create assets and enable the schools to generate additional funds for an improved arrangement of hot meals for primary grade students in combination with parents’ contribution. In the long term, schools will have a better capacity in adapting to the national implementation of the school meals initiatives at the school level.