This report covers the period 01 January 2009 to 31 December 2009
Programme purpose: To enhance capacities of the 141 National Societies (NS) in East Africa region in responding to the humanitarian challenges.
- Disaster Management (DM) programme: To build well-prepared, stronger and more efficient NS able to predict, prevent and reduce risks and respond to emergencies, mitigate their impact as well as cope with their consequences in an appropriate manner.
- Health and Social Services (HSS) programme: To build and strengthen capacities of the NS in responding to public health needs in a sustainable manner.
- Organizational Development (OD) programme: NS development through improved performance and accountability. The overall aim was to support and facilitate the development of structures, processes and systems for increasingly better response to situations of vulnerability. It also sought to pool resources with all Movement partners, including NS operating internationally and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), to maximize effectiveness of OD and capacity building (CB).
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) unit: To ensure planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting towards enhance performance tracking, measurement and reporting, as well as continuous learning and accountability.
- The communication unit: To strengthen capacities of all NS communications' departments through training and provision of technical support in dissemination activities.