News and Updates:
- The European Commissioner Mr. Johannes Hahn will visit the Autonomous Region of Madeira on the 6th and 7th of March to get acquainted with the finance needs to restore Madeira Island.
- On the 28th of February there will be a show called "A flower to Madeira", organized by SIC (private Portuguese television channel) and "Coliseu dos Recreios", with the patronage of His Excellency the President of Portuguese Republic and the participation of various Portuguese artists, in order to raise funds for Madeira victims.
- There will be rain and wind this evening (especially between 10 p.m. until 6.00 a.m). There is no reason to alarm, however due to precaution, we advise to stay in house.
- Next Sunday we will have the 1st Cruise Ship calling the harbour of Funchal with 4.500 tourists.
- The local tourists' operators are launching alternative excursions in Madeira Island.
- All schools will be reopened next Monday.
- Next Monday, public services will be operating normally.
- Public transportation, in Funchal, is available with 39 routes.
- The government recommends that the water should be boiled (10 minutes) before drink. Teeth brush should be done with boiled water or bottled water.
Dead people estimated
18 people are still in the Hospital.
600 people are reallocated in temporary shelters.
In Ponta do Sol and Ribeira Brava, especially in Serra D'Água and Meia Légua the situation will be restored as soon as possible.
Electricity is being established all over the Island, with the exception in small areas.
Mobile phone connections and fixed communications network are operating in the entire Island.
We inform that there is an official fund which is located in BANIF - International Bank of Funchal with the IBAN PT 50003800011986711677151 and SWIFT CODE BNLFPTPL.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS:
- Do consider only the information given by the Regional Governement.
- We inform that the Official Report will continue during the weekend on the same basis.
- Oficial informations can be followed:
New update will be made in 27th of February at 12.00 p.m.