The following bulletin highlights key humanitairan developments and responses between 1 january and 31 December 2009.
- Over 770,000 affected by floods in West Africa
- More than 21,000 suspected cases of Dengue fever in Cape Verde
- First regional conference on human rights and climate change in West Africa
- More than 4.5 million children under five affected by acute malnutrition in West Africa
- More than 115 billions FCFA received under the CAP 2009
- 1.4 billion FCFA allocated to eight countries trough the CERF
- International commission of enquiry investigates deadly crackdown in Guinea