8.6 million people
USD 218.5 million
January – December 2019
Yemen remains the world’s largest humanitarian crisis. The protracted crisis has taken a devastating toll on the economy, collapsing essential services and exhausting the population’s coping mechanisms, leading to widespread food insecurity and malnutrition.
FAO is working with partners in the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster to:
• Provide emergency agricultural, livestock and fishery kits to help restore vulnerable livelihoods.
• Improve immediate household availability of and access to food for the most vulnerable populations.
• Promote rural community resilience through the rehabilitation of water infrastructure and the transfer of agricultural and fishery assets.
• Ensure equitable access to assistance and protection for the most vulnerable populations.
• Strengthen emergency preparedness and response capacity of partners, communities and authorities.