In 2016, 77,000 people in Southern Angola were in IPC Phase 3 (Crisis) and 272,500 people in IPC Phase 4 (Emergency), translating to 37% and 21% of the assessed area’s population respectively (and totalling 58%). Lack of potable water contributed to the situation. At the national level, in 2016 about 38% of population suffered from chronic malnutrition. In south-central Bie Province, this figure surpassed 50%. The country is experiencing financial difficulties and lack of funding is a major constraint in expanding VAA to the whole country.