• WFP will finalize its transitional interim CSP at the end of the month and commence activities under its Country Strategic Plan 2018 – 2022 in July.
• WFP completed its emergency response to floods in February 2018 in Tupiza (Potosí department) and Las Carreras (Chuquisaca) with the final deliveries of coupons for the rehabilitation of damaged community assets under its Food for Assets modality. A total of 6,275 beneficiaries were supported.
• Under the school meals programme, WFP delivered food to 27,147 schoolchildren in the departments of Chuquisaca and Tarija. Under the CSP, WFP will continue to support school meals under its Strategic Objective (SO) 3, which aims to connect smallholder farmers with national social protection programmes such as school meals. Under this modality, 4,858 schoolchildren will receive their school meals in Oruro.
• As part of its pilot project in support of smallholder farmers in Oruro, WFP delivered of food processing equipment to three smallholder associations. The smallholder farmers were trained to use the machinery. While this marked the end of the pilot project, follow-up actions were agreed upon with the Productive Development Secretariat of the Oruro Government in order to ensure the sustainability of WFP’s work.
• WFP has reactivated its participation in the international cooperation gender group CIAG. This will lead to the integration of a stronger gender focus in WFP’s work locally.