This Revised Emergency Appeal is seeking 1,274,468 Swiss francs (reduced from 2,836,944 Swiss francs) to enable the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to support the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) in delivering assistance and support to 25,000 people affected by Tropical Storm Tembin over 12 months. The revised operation focuses on shelter, livelihoods, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), protection, gender and inclusion (PGI), disaster risk reduction (DRR) and National Society capacity building.
This revised Emergency Appeal results in a funding gap of 291,306 Swiss Francs. The revision is to align the plan with financial resources available and anticipated to be mobilized. The planned response reflects the current situation and information available at this time of the evolving operation.
Changes to the relief phase
• Increased non-food items (NFI) target from 1,000 to 2,000 households
• Decreased unconditional cash grants target from 4,000 to 2,000 households
• Increased target for water provision from 20,000 to 25,000 people which resulted an increase in the overall Appeal target
Changes to the recovery phase
• Decreased shelter recovery assistance target from 900 to 100 households
• Decreased household livelihood assistance target from 1,000 to 300 households