The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in 185 countries.
Period covered by this update: 3 August to 12 October, 2007.
History of this Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF)-funded operation:
- CHF 80,000 (USD 65,041 or EUR 48,280) was allocated from the Federation's DREF on 3 August, 2007 to respond to the needs of this operation and to replenish disaster preparedness stocks distributed to the affected population.
- This operation is expected to be implemented over three months, and will be completed by 3 November, 2007; a DREF Bulletin Final Report (narrative and financial) will be made available three months after the end of the operation (by 3 February, 2008).
The International Federation undertakes activities that are aligned with its Global Agenda, which sets out four broad goals to meet the Federation's mission to "improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity".
Global Agenda Goals:
- Reduce the numbers of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters.
- Reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies.
- Increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability.
- Reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human dignity.
For further information specifically related to this operation please contact:
- In Ukraine: Ivan Usichenko, President of the Ukrainian Red Cross, phone: +380 44 235 0157 or Alla Khabarova, Executive Director of the Ukrainian Red Cross, phone: +380 44 235 0334, email: email@example.com
- In Russia: Alexander Matheou, Head of Regional Representation, Moscow; phone + 007 495 126 15 66; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Budapest: Leon Prop, Deputy Head of Europe Zone; phone: + 36 1 248 3300; fax: + 36 1 248 3322; email: email@example.com
All International Federation assistance seeks to adhere to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO's) in Disaster Relief and is committed to the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (Sphere) in delivering assistance to the most vulnerable. For longer-term programmes in this or other countries or regions, please refer to the Federation's Annual Appeal.
For support to or for further information concerning Federation programmes or operations in this or other countries, or for national society profiles, please also access the Federation's website at http://www.ifrc.org