IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Senior Youth Technical Advisor (SYTA) Specialist candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Youth Grow Activity in Jordan. This activity will aim to increase youth access to high-quality career planning information and livelihood opportunities; strengthen youth leadership through targeted support of local youth-led and youth-serving organizations in order to promote youth participation as decision makers and key contributors to individual, household, community, and national well-being; and strengthen Government of Jordan (GOJ) systems, in partnership with youth, to provide more coordinated and effective services, practices, and policies that embody the principles of Positive Youth Development (PYD). Based in Amman, the SYTA will support the Chief of Party in the management of the program and provide high-quality technical inputs to achieve program objectives.
Only citizens of Jordan or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. Youth leaders strongly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise across program activities ensuring coordinated excellence in PYD, youth-focused institutional performance improvement, youth livelihoods, and youth policy and services reform.
- Integrate PYD approaches in all technical interventions ensuring that young people have the appropriate assets, agency, contributions and enabling environment to meaningfully engage with Youth Grow activities and aims.
- Facilitate dialogue and collaboration with key private sector, government, and civil society actors to develop activities which build youth skills, promote youth participation in decision-making, and enhance government services, practices, and policies.
- Provide individualized technical assistance and support to youth-led and youth-serving organizations to strengthen positive youth development programing
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Jordanian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- A master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in Jordan, experience working on programs focused on youth leadership and development and/or youth employment/entrepreneurship; supporting USAID / other international donor-funded programs preferred; or bachelor’s degree with seven (7) years of relevant experience also considered
- Demonstrated success in promoting youth access to livelihood opportunities and strengthening youth leadership through targeted support of local youth-led and youth-serving organizations
- Demonstrated success in establishing strong working relationships with senior government officials; youth groups; civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders to promote youth leadership opportunities and participation as decision makers
- Deep understanding of PYD principles and experience with the deployment of PYD approaches
- Proven experience building consensus among diverse actors
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required
Как подать заявку
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oaJGkfwD&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.