IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Youth Grow Activity in Jordan. This activity will aim to increase youth access to high-quality career planning information and livelihood opportunities; strengthen youth leadership through targeted support of local youth-led and youth-serving organizations in order to promote youth participation as decision makers and key contributors to individual, household, community, and national well-being; and strengthen Government of Jordan (GOJ) systems, in partnership with youth, to provide more coordinated and effective services, practices, and policies that embody the principles of Positive Youth Development (PYD). Based in Amman, the DCOP will ensure efficient and effective program operations and compliant financial protocols to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
Only citizens of Jordan or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. Youth leaders strongly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the COP in day-to-day program management and serve as the Acting COP in the COP’s absence.
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds usage, accountability, and operations within the country.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments.
- Monitor program budget and advise senior management on burn rates and other programmatic considerations; provide complete and compliant required reporting; and maintain financial records for all program activities;
- Overseeing subgrantee budgets and expenditures; provide relevant capacity building on financial and operational requirements for local partners as needed;
- Supervise Finance and Operations team;
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained throughout the life of the program;
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles; lead human resource management;
- Establish financial and operational systems during start-up;
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Jordanian citizenship or residency with work authorization.
- A graduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least eight (8) years of experience in Jordan in the administration of international donor-funded programs; or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science with at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs
- Previous experience as a Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Administration and Finance, Operations Manager, or another senior managerial role on an international donor-funded program;
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems from start-up to close out, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, fraud prevention measures, and management of employee compensation systems.
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations.
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts and geographies.
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances.
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Как подать заявку
Please click https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oWIGkfwo&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV in English for consideration along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.